Monday, October 27, 2008

Advance Voting

Today I took advantage of advance voting at the main Library branch. Apparently half of the town had the same thought... I arrived @ 8:55 and when I left after voting it was 11:15. That was a very long wait, winding up the stairs around the rotunda 1 1/2 times, down this aisle, and up another one. By the time I actually voted, I felt like I knew your line neighbors quite well because you had just talked together for 2 hours.

There was a camera man from Channel 10 news there trying rather unsuccessfully to get anyone on camera. The girl next to me was addressing some cards while she waited and he thought that would be a great thing to put on the news. She did not agree.

I really wish they could have had a way of assisting those elderly people in line. They were having to follow in line just like everyone else. One man fainted, not sure how old he was, but by the time I got to that same point in the never-ending line, I felt like I could have done the same thing. I didn't eat much before I went, so I made a beeline to lunch as soon as I finished.

God has control of our leaders, I pray that the right person would be elected. Amen

No comments: