Friday, August 1, 2008

Week's End


What a week. I had to get my "ducks in a row" before I left work today because I am going to be out of the office on Monday and Tuesday. Seems like even when I take one day off the next day at work I am extra swamped with stuff. So with 2 days off.... who knows?

I am heading to SC to see my dad for my birthday. I will be leaving after church to head up north. It will take me approx. 5 hours to get there.

My associate director who has type 3B lung cancer is getting married next week to a girl at work. She used to be in our department and Damon was her boss, but she transferred to another department awhile back. Their wedding is next Friday, one day before his birthday. I thought they may speed the wedding along once he announced that he was so sick.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I am going to take this PC with me on my trip. It will be the first time I try to use it with "wi-fi". Wonder if it will work? I plan on playing a DVD during the trip so I will have something to listen to. I figure the battery will last about 4 hours (hopefully).

1 comment:

Holly S. said...

Happy Birthday, Karen!